Wednesday, June 13, 2012

13 June 2012

One opportunity I have is to fly with and meet lots of celebrities. Some of them I get to talk with, some I take a picture with and many I don't recognize. Usually when I do recognize them they see it in my face. By their reaction to my reaction I determine if I should say anything.
I was standing on the jet bridge when I saw Eddie George. I smiled and he smiled back and I said "man you were one of my best fantasy football players. I made lots of money with you!!". His response "where's my cut dawg!"
Ollie North came up to the cockpit and we shook hands. When he found out I was a fellow Marine Officer he hugged me. We took a picture together. I was moved by his sincere appreciation of me and his love of our country and the beloved Corps. Robert Wuhl comedian came up during a ground delay. Very nice guy. We talked for 15 minutes. He was coming from media day at the dallas Super Bowl. Eva Longoria came up a few minutes into it. Sorry I didn't know who she was until afterwards but she was excited to know I had lived in her hometown of corpus Christi. The funniest exchange was meeting Marcia Clark, prosecutor in the OJ Simpson murder trial. Very warm, very engaging and frankly down right flirtatious. She looked great and she felt great about herself. She was fun. We talked 5-10 minutes and I really liked her. Wearing a pilot uniform in an airport is disarming to people including celebs.
Sherman Hensley aka George Jefferson sat aisle seat in first class looking into everyone's face as Rey boarded to see who recognized him. I did immediately. He smiled ear to ear and gave me the head nod which I returned.
Here's a list of who I can remember. I'm sure there are more but sitting here trying to remember is not easy.

Eric Dampere NBA
Deion (prime time) Sanders NFL
Ed too tall Jones NFL
Eddie George NFL.
George Jefferson (Sherman Hemsley)
Vickie Lawrence Actress
Cedric the entertainer
Robin Roberts (female sportscaster)
Ollie North
Vanessa Williams
Marcia Clark
Jim Thome MLB
Robert Wuhl actor/talk show host
Eva Longoria
Karl Rove
Adrien Peterson NFL
Robert Redford
Bill Cower (NFL Coach)
The Crickets (rock band)
Igor orchansky NFL
James Megellas WW2 hero and author
Hanson brothers band members

As I remember more I'll write them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment