Sunday, May 13, 2012

12 may 2012

Long day. Austin- DFW-Phoenix-DFW-Atlanta. At least the weather wasn't too bad. Except for early morning rain in dfw and skirting thunderstorms enroute to Atlanta. One thing I like to do once we get to level off is work the USA Today crossword puzzle. But they don't have a weekend edition so when I fly on the weekends I don't have the luxury of a new one each day. Reading is another popular level off past time. I haven't started another book since I finished "Killing Lincoln". Just not motivated. I would love to find another book just as good to get in to. I got on topic last year when I read "Man Hunt, the 12 day search for Lincoln's Killer". Another really good read. The downside of reading a really good book is when you don't have anyone who's also read it to discuss it with. That's probably why they have book clubs. Pretty nerdy though. So Leesa, Matthew, and Finn left Saturday morning for Ardmore. Matthew got into the car barefoot and totally forgot shoes. Can you believe that? He took no shoes with him. :-D.
Sitting here in Atlanta looking out the windows I can't help but imagine this place 148 years ago when General Sherman came marching through burning everything that stood. This fertile, economically booming land was laid waste to fire, death and destruction. His tactics are known today as "principles of all out war". Destroy all infrastructure, and industry but most importantly, destroy the enemies will to fight. He burnt crops, homes, factories, offices, churches and anything else which stood.

No comments:

Post a Comment