Friday, May 4, 2012

4 May 2012

This morning at 0700 EDST 19 years ago, my life changed forever and for the better. Ashley was born!
I was a student naval aviator in the instrument phase of helicopter training in Pensacola, FL at the time. I came home from a simulator flight the night of the 3rd and a few hours later we scrambled to Pensacola naval hospital. Happy birthday baby girl!
Speaking of reminiscing, as I was walking through the airport at Dfw last night I heard someone call my name. I looked up to see Mike Piirto, Mike and I were squadron mates from 95-98 at HMM-265 in Okinawa, Japan. Crazy small world. His youngest son is 2 weeks younger than my son Matthew. Sadly, Mikes wife Brenda past away last year of kidney cancer. She live nearly 12 years after being diagnosed. She was a Godly woman and a great mother to Hope, Faith and David, and a great wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment